Wednesday, May 4, 2016
推荐：Ants' nest cake
食谱取自Table for 2 .......or more
250ml water （我个人觉得用热水比较好，不会结成块状。倒入时要小心，不要烫伤）
115gm salted butter, room temp
6 egg yolks (Grade B)
6 egg whites (Grade B)
2 tsp vanilla extract
145gm all purpose flour + 2.5 tsp baking soda(10gm)
200gm sweetened condensed milk
1. Put sugar and 100ml in a heavy based saucepan and cook on medium heat. When the colour starts to turn light amber, turn heat to low. Cook until it caramelizes. (I cook until the bubbling from slow turns rapid, then I turn off the heat. Take note that there will be some slight smoke). Wait for 30 seconds then pour 250ml water in. Let it sit for 5 minutes then gently stir it until everything dissolves. Pour into a dish to quicken the cooling, if needed. Let the syrup cool down totally.
2. Meanwhile sift flour +baking soda over a fine sieve. Set aside. Grease a 7or 8 inch square pan, sides and bottom. Preheat oven to 180C (no fan).
3. Place butter and yolks into a mixing bowl. Beat the butter and yolk until combined and smooth, add in ¼ of the egg whites and beat until combined and pour in the rest of the whites and beat until combined. (won’t take long). Beat in vanilla extract.
4. Put half the sifted flour into the eggs and whisk on low speed until combined. Then the balance of flour and whisk until the batter is almost smooth.
5. Add in condensed milk and whisk on low speed until just combined.
6. Gradually pour in the cooled caramel syrup and with a spatula fold until combined.
7. Pour into prepared pan and bake on the lower 1/3 for 1 hour.
Posted by Ling yuen chin at 4:27 PM