食谱取自 cooking pleasure。
350 gm plain flour + 1 tsp double action baking powder (sifted)
Mix together - 200 ml lukewarm water, 40 gm caster sugar and 1/4 tsp vinegar
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp shortening (I used butter)
- Combine all the ingredients [except shortening] in a mixing bowl. Knead until soft [about 5-10 minutes]. Then add in the shortening, continue to knead until soft, smooth and elastic.
- Shape into a ball and cover to rest for about 20-30 minutes or until double in size.
- Punch down dough and remove dough to a floured surface, shape into 2 round ball. Press each ball flat, then divide into 8 equal portions. Shape each into a ball, then roll into flat circle. Do the same for the other piece.
- Wrap each piece with about a tablespoon of filling. Bring the edges together into a round or pleated pau shape.
- Place on parchment or greased proof paper in the steaming tray. Leave to prove for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Steam over high heat for 12 minutes in bamboo or electric steamer. Off heat and leave paus for a further 3 minutes before uncovering to cool on rack. This is to prevent wrinkle, rough skin.
- Serve immediately or steam for about 10 minutes when serving.
我参与 Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak ( May 2013) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders