这Cookies是Sarawak的melanau人，他们族里的一种传统食品，称为"tebaloi"。因为是用sago flour和coconut做的，所以很香很脆很好吃! 食谱来自Table for 2.... or more，我在材料方面做了些更改。
200gm grated coconut ( I used 250g )
200gm sago flour ( I used 250g )50gm egg ( I used 2 B sizes )
1/8 tsp turmeric powder (for colouring) ( I used 3tbsp pandan juice )
Banana leaf for baking
1. Mix sugar with egg and lightly whisk.2. Combine the coconut, sago flour and turmeric powder and mix evenly.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. If it feels too dry, use your hands and squeeze the dough, it will turn moist.
4. Preheat oven to 180C (no fan) and then lay a piece of banana leaf on an overturned baking tray. Matte side of the leaf facing up.
5. Spread some of the coconut dough onto the banana leaf, using fingers to press them really thin. As thin as you can. (Take note that I did 2 big trays of this)
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7.Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes. It will still be warm.
8. Then flip the tebaloi sheet, and peel the banana leaf off. Snip the tebaloi sheet into smaller squares.
9. Place the squares onto a baking grid and bake for 160C(fan) for 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
10. Place them onto the rack to cool off and it will crisp up.
11. Keep in air tight jars.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover