125g plain flour
2 tbsp malted milk powder (用Horlicks更香)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
185g mini pretzels
170g unsalted butter
130g caster sugar
130g dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla paste (没加)
170g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Whisk together flour, malted milk powder, salt & bicarbonate of soda.
- In a food processor, grind 85g of the pretzels to a fine powder & add to flour mixture & mix to combine. Chop the remaining 100 g of pretzels into small pieces.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, vanilla paste & both sugars on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg & mix on low speed until just combined, scraping the bowl, if necessary, to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips & pretzel pieces & mix with spatula until evenly distributed. The dough should be smooth, dense & somewhat pliable.
- Spoon or use ice cream scoop to drop a well rounded balls of dough onto baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, rotating the baking trays halfway through the baking time just until the edges turn golden.
- When cool enough to handle, transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.