125g Dark Chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
150g Plain Flour
30g Cocoa Powder (Sieved)
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
125g Soft Unsalted Butter
75g Soft Light Brown Sugar
50g White Fine Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract （没放）
1 Large Cold Egg
320g Dark Choocolate Chips （我放160g巧克力豆+160g hazelnut碎）
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, fan ON.
- Melt the 125g dark chocolate in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool.
- Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter, fine sugar and brown sugar in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, mix well.
- Divide the cookies dough into two portion. Wrap them with cling wrap, and shape them. (Refer pics below)
- Put the shaped cookies dough into the fridge and refrigerate it for 20 mins.
- Cut the dough into equal piece, remove the cling wrap layer and shape the cookie dough. (Refer pics below) Place shaped cookie dough on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
- Cook the cookie dough for 18 to 19 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
- Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 mins, then, transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.