- 100g milk (warm, 100° to 110°)
- 2 tsps active dry yeast （我用1tsp）
- 1 small egg
- 50g orange juice （没加）
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups flour （是220g高筋面粉+1g cinnamon powder，自己加的）
- 2tbsp butter
- oranges zest from 1 orange （没加）
- 1/4 cup candied orange peel (chopped) （我用dried apricot + dried cranberry）
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Combined milk and yeast and stand for 5 mins.
- Add in egg, sugar, flour and salt in a stand mixer and beat on medium speed.
- Gradually add in orange juice and continue mixing until a soft dough is formed.
- Add in butter and mix the dough until the dough is soft, smooth and stretchy.
- Add in orange zest, peel and currants. Pick up dough and mix with your hands to distribute the fruits.
- Return dough to the bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough. Divide into 12 portions.
- Shape into 12 smooth round buns and arrange into baking pan.
- Cover loosely and let rise in a warm place until doubled and puffy, about 40 mins.
- Egg wash the buns.
- Mixed 2 tbsp flour with some water to make the paste for the cross – add the water 1 tbsp at a time, so you add just enough for a thick paste. Spoon into a piping bag with a small nozzle. Pipe a cross on each bun.
- Bake in preheated 170C for 15-18 mins or until golden brown.
- Gently heat 2tbsp orange juice with some icing sugar till thick. While the syrup is still warm, brush over the top of the warm buns and leave to cool.