450g bread flour
2 egg yolks （蛋白留给涂在面包表层用的）
1½ teaspoons instant yeast
70g sugar （喜欢甜面包可加至80g)
pinch of salt
About 400g homemade red bean paste
*Can use Nutella or chocolate spread
1. For the dough, place all ingredients except butter into mixing bowl. Knead to form dough.
2. Add vegetable oil into the dough and continue knead till can be stretched to form a "window panel". Shape the dough into round and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and rest for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until double in size.
3. De-gas dough and transfer on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 4 portions (about 185g each).
4. Roll the first of four parts into a circle. The dough should be 2-3mm thick. Place the dough circle on a piece of baking paper. Take a cake tin (9 inch) and mark it off on the first layer.
5. Now, cover the marked area with a thin layer of red bean paste (or chocolate spread).
6. Roll another layer of dough, place it on the previous one and mark off the cake tin on it. Then, put the red bean paste (or chocolate spread) on the marked area. Repeat the procedure with the next layer.
7. Finally, put it the last layer. Cover it with a cake tin and cut excess dough with a knife.
8. Use a small glass or a coffee cup, mark the center of the cake. Divide the cake into quarters – start cutting from the marked circle (remember to leave the center intact!) Then, divide every quarter into four equal parts. At the end you should have 16 equal parts.
9. Take two parts of the cake in both hands and delicately twist them in opposite directions. Repeat with all pairs to form eight-armed star.
10. Twist the ends of each arm underneath to create a round shape.